Saturday, January 4, 2020 from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm at Wyndham Ocean Walk / 300 N. Atlantic Drive, Daytona Beach, FL 32118
This workshop is for all ages and fitness levels.
“Introduction to ChiWalking and ChiRunning” is for all fitness levels and is a 4 hour class of intensive training and evaluation that takes you from ChiWalking into ChiRunning / Cost is $120
If you have prior ChiWalking and ChiRunning coaching experience (including our Free Class “Introducing ChiWalk/Run, which is usually scheduled prior to this workshop) with us, you may qualify for a 3 hour class that transitions you from ChiWalking into ChiRunning ChiRunning and the cost is $90.00.
- What it is?
- How Chi-Walking and ChiRunning benefit our health, mentally and physically and assist in reducing health care cost?
- How the ChiWalking and ChiRunning Technique differs from Traditional Fitness Walking and Running
- Concepts of the technique
- What is Tai Chi & its health benefits
- Postural and Directional Alignment
- Injury Prevention
- Energy Efficiency / Alignment and Relaxation
- Moving from you “Core”
- How to cooperate with nature’s forces / gravity and the force of the road
- Mental Focus
- 4 components of ChiWalk and ChiRun Posture
- Practice of and evaluation of Posture, Alignment and Balance
- Lower Body Focuses
- Ankle Lift / Practice and evaluation
- Upper Body Focuses
- Arm Swing / Practice and Evaluation
- Lower and UpperBody Focuses (Putting it all together) for ChiWalking
3 hour Class…Transitioning into ChiRunning
- What is the practice of ChiRunning and how it will differ from your current running practice
- Evaluation of present running practice
- Evaluation of present Walk/Run Practice
- How the “Lean” to transition into ChiRunning
- Practice and Evaluation
- Gears and Stride Length
- Practice and evaluation
- Body Looseners
Final Evaluation and Recommendations for at home practices
Please contact Max Logan 813-728-6436 to register or visit our website at https://gracewalks.com