ChiWalking and ChiRunning
Did you know that lack of exercise or inactivity is hazardous to your health?
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Achy Back
- Foggy Brain
Research is supporting that sitting for long periods of time can significantly affect your health and shorten your life. Additional findings support that regular exercise such as ChiWalking and ChiRunning can can reduce your chances of contracting many serious diseases (cardiovascular, cancer, diabetes, hypertension…) and help reduce many symptoms once a disease is already contracted. A regular exercise program using ChiWalking and ChiRunning offers a safe, practical and inexpensive way of improving health, wellness and putting you on the road to success in all areas of life.
What is ChiWalking and ChiRunning?
The ChiWalking and ChiRunning technique are revolutionary and were created by Danny Dryer, an ultra marathoner, with the assistance of his wife Katherine Dreyer and master Tai Chi Instructor. The technique uses the physical and mental focuses of Tai Chi along with walking and running to create a new type of movement that allow the body to be more energy efficient with far less chance of injury. The technique engages the body’s core instead of muscle usage to reduce impact to the body and potential for injury. The Chi technique further enhances the benefits of exercising using walking and running, while strengthening core muscles, moving the body forward with greater energy efficiency and reducing the chances of injury to the body. The end result is a fun way to workout, which can be done by persons of any age or fitness level.
Research supports that a regular walking and/or running program can lower blood pressure, build stronger bones, assist in weight loss, reduce stress, improve sleep and boost our outlook on life. Additionally, a regular program can assist in preventing and controlling major diseases such as diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. However, walking with bad posture or using poor walking technique skills can cause the body more injury and make walking a chore rather than the FUN activity it was designed to be. ChiWalking and ChiRunning brings all the benefits of traditional walking and running but is specifically designed to reduce injuries and move you forward with more energy efficiency.
What sets ChiWalking and ChiRunning apart from regular or traditional fitness walking and running techniques and programs?
- Unlike traditional walking and running they are built around injury prevention (by reducing impact to the muscles of the body) and energy efficiency to help build endurance for longer walks and runs.
- Unlike traditional walking, ChiWalking has the added health benefit of engaging the body’s core muscles, which benefits the body’s overall strength.
- Chi Coaching promotes good posture and body balance.
- Chi Coaching uses TaiChi focuses that help over all health, body, mind (helps mental focus) and spirit.
- ChiWalking and ChiRunning programs can be practiced alone or with a group for team building events and trainings are available for race events.
- GraceWalks offers a 3 weeks program, that includes face to face technique coaching, follow-up and online success coaching. We want this not be something you will implement on a regular basis and use it throughout your life.
- GraceWalks program focuses can be easily integrated into your existing wellness program or stand alone.
- ChiWalking and/or ChiRunning are cost effective and benefits employees of all ages and fitness levels.
- The ChiWalking technique allows you to progressively increase your fitness level and easily progress to ChiRunning.
- A ChiWalking program can meet the essential 5 best practices of successful wellness programs as suggested in Harvard Review.
- Program is practical and accessible
- Benefits and enhances a work environment that is health conscious
- Easily integrates wellness and success into the companies structure
- Program easily integrates into an exiting wellness programs
….. and it is cost effective.
A free one hour presentation of the benefits of ChiWalking and ChiCoaching can be presented to your employees upon request, just call for scheduling 813-728-6436.
- Can be practiced anytime… during lunch, before work, after work, have a walking team meeting and can be practiced at home with family and friends…to continue and pass on a healthy lifestyle.
- Also refer to level of service for more on rates and services / go to https://gracewalks.com/corporate-rates/
- Private lessons are available upon request for ChiWalking and ChiRunning. Please call 813-728-6436 or email us for scheduling at email@example.com.
Walk on…Lean in… NEVER GIVE UP! Begin Now!